Top 10 Facts About Invisalign
Here are the top ten facts about Invisalign:
- Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces for straightening teeth. It uses a series of clear, removable trays to gradually shift teeth into their desired position.
- The aligners are digitally designed by our orthodontist using advanced 3D imaging technology. This ensures a precise and comfortable fit. It also means you benefit from our orthodontists’ training and experience.
- Invisalign aligners are clear, making them a discreet option for children, teenagers and adults who want to improve their smile without drawing attention to their orthodontic treatment.
- Unlike braces, Invisalign aligners are removable. This means you can take them out when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing, allowing for more freedom and flexibility in your daily routine. But remember, Invisalign only works while you are wearing it, so try not to keep them in your pocket for too long!
- Each set of Invisalign trays is typically worn for about one week before moving on to the next set in the series. This gradual progression helps achieve the desired teeth movement over time.
- Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth and comfortable BPA free plastic material, reducing the likelihood of irritation and soreness often associated with traditional braces.
- The treatment duration with Invisalign varies depending on the complexity of the case, but on average, it takes about 12 to 24 months to complete. Some cases may be completed in a shorter period.
- Invisalign aligners require periodic check-ups with your orthodontist to ensure that the treatment is progressing as planned. These check-ups generally occur every 12 weeks and our orthodontist and team of orthodontic therapists will monitor your progress virtually between every visit with the smartphone Invisalign monitoring app.
- Invisalign can effectively correct a wide range of orthodontic issues, including crowded teeth, gaps, overbites, underbites, crossbites, and open bites.
- After completing Invisalign treatment, it is recommended to wear a retainer to maintain the newly achieved alignment of your teeth. This helps prevent them from shifting back to their original positions.
Remember, it’s essential to consult with our qualified orthodontists to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for your specific needs and to receive personalised guidance throughout the process.