Braces treatment is one of the most common dental treatments that children and teenagers undergo in their developing years. Orthodontic treatment is so common that around 45% of children and teenagers will need braces treatment before they turn 18!
As a parent, the thought of braces can be daunting. You may be weighing up the costs of treatment and the estimated time it may take for the treatment to be completed. This is perfectly normal, and while the costs and duration of treatment may vary depending on the complexity of the case, the great benefits of braces treatment doesn’t.
At Berwick Orthodontics Specialists, we firmly believe that braces treatment is one of the best investments that you can make in yours, or your loved one’s health & wellbeing in their early years. Here are Dr. Theresia’s top 5 benefits of starting braces treatment:
- Fixing Bite Issues: One of the main benefits of orthodontic braces treatment is fixing your bite. In orthodontics, bite issues are referred to as a malocclusion. This essentially means your teeth aren’t lining up properly. Common malocclusions include an overbite, underbite or a crossbite. Braces treatment can help resolve these bite issues by gently shifting your teeth into the correct alignment over time.
- Improve Your Appearance: Braces can improve your appearance in many ways. By correcting the alignment of the teeth, we can correct crowding, overbites, underbites and reduce gaps (spacing) in between teeth in order to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Makes Brushing & Flossing Easier: Brushing and flossing your teeth is common dental hygiene practice. This routine is essential for keeping your teeth and gums healthy. However, when someone has orthodontic concerns such as; crowding, these simple oral hygiene tasks can be tricky. This can result in the teeth and gums not being adequately cleaned, resulting in bad breath, tooth decay and gum health issues.
- Prevents Gum Disease & Tooth Decay: As we mentioned earlier, tooth and gum health can be increased greatly with adequate cleaning. However, orthodontic concerns can increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Teeth crowding can make it difficult to clean teeth adequately, which increases the risk of tooth decay and gum disease, and gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss. Further, some bite conditions such as an overbite, can cause uneven wear resulting in irreversible tooth surface loss.
- Improves Confidence: Without doubt, one of the greatest benefits of braces treatment is the improvement in self-confidence you will receive from your brand-new smile!
Where To Get Braces Treatment In Melbourne
If you’re considering braces treatment for yourself or a loved one, we recommend booking in an initial consultation with Dr Theresia Sudjalim or Dr Andrea Phatouros at Berwick Orthodontics Specialists. During your consultation, Dr Theresia or Dr Andrea, can guide you through your custom treatment plan, and help answer any questions you may have about achieving your perfectly straight smile.